You open your email to see an invitation to a girlfriend’s birthday Spa-party. “Drats,” you whisper, as you think about the potential problems likely to come from getting a facial and massage. “Do I really want my sensitive skin attacked by products likely to trigger an adverse reaction?” You can see the celebration quickly turning into tribulation, at least for you!
For many women, the wrong type of products or a harsh exfoliation can be very reactive and cause irritation, redness, burning, flaking and itchiness. Sensitive skin is a serious issue that can bring pain and frustration to so many women. Here’s the good news: There are facials that will help to nourish sensitive skin without causing irritation.
Most day spas or medical spas that offer a sensitive skin facials avoid products or treatments that cause an adverse reaction.
Here’s our top 10 list of things to avoid if you have sensitive skin.
Sensitive skin? 10 Things To Avoid In A Facial
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- Particulate Scrubs (crushed seeds or shells)
- Harsh Extractions
- Synthetic Fragrances
- High concentrations of botanicals
- Excessive Steam
- Hot Towels
Anyone with sensitive skin can enjoy a skincare treatment at her favorite spa that includes scientifically advanced, doctor recommended skincare products.
Sensitive Skin Facials should use a product line with a combination of non-reactive scientific and natural ingredients such as:
- Supplamine® – a patented ingredient that inhibits glycation and inflammation in the skin.
- Glycerin – substance found naturally in skin that attracts and retains moisture to help maintain barrier function
- Radish Root Extract – skin conditioner and moisturizer; source of vitamins B and C
- Aloe – natural botanical anti-inflammatory
- Licorice Root – anti-inflammatory; increases microcirculation; natural skin brightener
- Comfrey Root Extract – moisturizer, anti-inflammatory and a natural source of B12
- Burdock Root – medicinal herb, source of phytosterols for anti-inflammatory and repair;
- Gooseberry Extract – rich botanical source of vitamin c and an anti-inflammatory
- Grape Seed Extract – potent antioxidant
- Vitamin E – healing antioxdiant
- Jojoba Oil – Emolliency similar to natural oil structure produced by the skin
- Squalene – Hydrates by increasing natural moisture within the skin
All of these ingredients are included in the MEG 21 with Supplamine® skincare line. So, check that spa where your friend’s birthday party will be held. If it carries MEG 21 with Supplamine, bring on the celebration!
MEG 21 is a complete product line that will cleanse, tone, hydrate, soothe and protect without causing harsh, irritating reactions. If you’d like to see which MEG 21 products would be ideal for your skin, take our Skin IQ Quiz.