The Sun-pocalypse is upon us. The U.S. is broiling from the East to the West Coast and everywhere in between. In June, temperatures hit record highs throughout the country. It reached 130 degrees Fahrenheit in aptly named Death Valley, 108 in Seattle, 107 in Salt Lake City, 102 in Newark, and 99 in Boston. Along the New Jersey shore, sun bathers sizzled like fried mackerel under a cloudless sky, and the heat-index level climbed to 104. Yikes, the summer had just begun!
The intense heat and glaring sun bring a bagful of skin-related woes, ranging from increased risk of skin cancer and lesions to age spots and inelasticity to wrinkles and dark spots. But there’s no need to hide out in the shadows this summer; it’s possible to prevent sun damage to your face, as long as you use common sense and follow a few simple steps.
Most of us immediately jump to sunscreen as the skin savior. Actually, sunscreen is essential, but applying it is only one step—and not the first—in an effective summertime beauty regimen.
Here are five additional steps to keep you looking your best, whether on the beach or at that backyard barbeque:
Action: Apply products that wash away sunscreen residue, summer sweat, and makeup. MEG 21’s cleansing products are ideal:
• Apply MEG 21 Brightening Gel Cleanser, which does three thing simultaneously: removes harmful, skin-aging toxic sugars from skin; brightens a dull complexion and evens skin tone; and purifies skin.
• Two or three times each week, apply MEG 21 Brightening Exfoliating Scrub to gently exfoliate and polish away dead skin cells.
• Follow cleansing with our unique MEG 21 Moisturizing Toner+ to balance and soothe skin. It’s a great moisturizer and actually removes toxic sugars from the skin’s surface with our patented Supplamine®. (In the summer, toner is best applied throughout the day to refresh your skin.)
Prevent. Step up your use of antioxidants during summer months, both before you head outdoors and when you come back in.
Action: Apply a product that includes grape seed and gooseberry extract to defend your skin against the adverse effects of pollutants, UV rays, and other environmental factors that can quickly age skin.
• MEG 21 Anti-Oxidant Boost contains these, along with Vitamin E and patented Supplamine, to heal skin and reduce inflammation.
Hydrate. Sunscreen alone doesn’t provide long-lasting hydration and moisture protection.
Action: Before using sunscreen, apply MEG 21 Face Treatment with Supplamine, a technologically advanced ingredient complex that immediately moisturizes
and, over time, continues to hold water in the layers of your skin.
• MEG 21 Face Treatment is also infused with natural lipids and emollients to help correct the disrupted lipid barrier that exists in dry and mature skin. This gives skin a healthy moisture balance, even in the dead heat of summer. A powerful moisturizer such as MEG 21 Face Treatment reverses the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
Protect. Use the right sunscreen, with the appropriate SPF for your skin type and the sun intensity to which you will be exposed. Both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are popular ingredients in sunscreen lotions that work to deflect the sun’s rays from penetrating the deeper layers of your skin and block UVA and UVB rays.
Action: The skin around your eyes is super-sensitive. Sunscreen and sunglasses afford extra protection for your eyes, but they don’t age-proof them! Make sure to include science-based skincare products, such as MEG 21 Bright & Firm Eye Treatment,
which is both dermatologist- and ophthalmologist-tested, in your eyecare regimen!
Defend. You are what you eat. Just ask your skin. There is a proven connection between the food you consume and your skin’s health and beauty. Take barbequed chicken, ribs, and gelato. All fun food, but remember: excess sugar accelerates skin aging through the glycation process. When sugar molecules bond with collagen and elastin, they cause skin to become dry and brittle. Combine this with the inflammation and oxidative stress from the sun, and you’re about to add years to your skin.
Action: Apply MEG 21 Advanced Formula, which contains patented Supplamine, proven in scientific laboratories to stop the toxic-sugar buildup, inflammation, and oxidative stress that lead to skin aging. It also boosts collagen production, reverses the appearance of aging skin, and does away with age spots. Bon appétit—but “cheat” wisely when you eat. And when you do, it’s comforting to know that Supplamine is a great defender against the ravages of toxic sugar in skin.
www.MEG21.com or Email CustomerCare@meg211.wpengine.com
MEG 21 Skincare, 261 Old York Road, The Pavilion, Suite 427, Jenkintown, PA 19046
A portion of sales from MEG 21 products benefits cancer research.